How to apply:
- The philosophy of librarianship, basic principles, fundamental laws, professional ethics
- The skills of information knowledge processing, organization and retrieval
- The management of Library and Information Centres
- Enable the students to understand and appreciate the functions and purpose of Library and Information Centres in the changing social, cultural, technological and economic environment
- Basic knowledge of computer and its application in library and information activities
Further study options:Nowadays every university offers online application form facilities. So you can go to the related university website and apply online for this. If online facility is not available then you can download the form or get the from the respective department and submit it with the application fees amount demand draft.
Career options:After completion of this course, if you want to become an expert then you can join master degree program in Library science or you can do M.Phil.
After completion this course, you can seek following types of jobs:
Job area:consultantCataloguerDeputy LibrarianLibrary assistantInformation AnalystLibrary Attendant
You can find jobs in:
Companies and organizations with large inforamation handling requirementsPublic / Goverment LibrarySchools, Colleges or UniversitiesPhoto/film libraryForeign Embassies
Bachelor in any stream with at least 50% marks and 45% for SC/ST/OBC/PH category.
The course fees varies from institution to institution.